Installment Options


If you are unable to pay the full amount of the back taxes you owe in one lump some, there is a good chance you can negotiate a payment plan with the IRS until your debt is satisfied. They call it an “installment agreement.” If you reach an agreement and abide by the terms, the IRS will stop any aggressive action towards you. However, if you default on the installment agreement, further actions will proceed against you. It is important to make sure you will be able to afford any payment plan you enter into, and we can help. So you want to make sure that you will be able to afford any payment plan you enter into.

Reasons To Hire An Enrolled Agent To Negotiate Directly With The IRS For You.

If the IRS is demanding payment in full, or they want you to enter into an installment agreement you cannot afford, and Enrolled Agent can help you negotiate the terms of the agreement so it is affordable. An Enrolled Agent is able to directly represent you to the IRS without you actually having to talk with them yourself. Having a qualified professional working with the IRS on your behalf is always the best choice.

If you owe less than $10,000, all of your returns have been filed, and you have never had a previous problem, the IRS may let you enter into a 36-month installment plan. SFS Tax Problem Solutions would be happy to see if you qualify for a nominal fee.

What If I Don’t Qualify For An Installment Agreement, Or Can’t Afford the Payments?

If you don’t qualify for, or can’t afford the installment agreement, there are other alternatives. We have successfully secured what the IRS calls an “offer in compromise” for many clients. We work with you to gather the information required to make a valid case for the IRS to accept a greatly reduced offer, and then negotiate on your behalf for a greatly reduced amount. As you can imagine, it is important to have a someone with both the knowledge and experience required to negotiate a deal like this with the IRS.

Don’t trust just anyone with your tax solutions. Use an Enrolled Agent,
one of  “America’s Tax Experts®” in all your tax matters. Let’s Get it Started!